In the field of oral healthcare, fewer innovations have been as remarkable as dental implants. Widely considered the most superior teeth replacement solution, dental implants are durable, long-lasting, and natural-looking. Known for their versatility, dental implants can support crowns, bridges, dentures, and even fixed full-arch prostheses. If you are in need of dental implants in Nassau County, consider scheduling a visit at National Dental East Meadow.
What are Dental Implants?
Made from surgical-grade titanium, dental implants are tiny threaded posts. They are manufactured in varying lengths and diameters, to serve the unique and specific needs of patients. While crowns, bridges, and other restorations replace the crown of a missing tooth, a dental implant replaces the root. This is revolutionary for two reasons. First, implants stimulate the nerves in the jaw the same way that teeth roots do. Therefore, implants preserve bone density and prevent atrophy. Secondly, implants actually fuse to the jawbone in a process known as osseointegration. This offers unprecedented stability compared to traditional teeth replacement options. In fact, with proper care, dental implants typically last a lifetime.
Who is a Candidate?
In order for a dental implant to be successful long-term, it must be placed in healthy bone. Therefore, qualifying patients must have sufficient jawbone structure. Those lacking density may be able to increase their eligibility with a bone grafting procedure. Candidates should also be in good overall health and be free from tooth decay and periodontal disease. If other dental concerns are present, we will address those prior to implant placement.
What Can Dental Implants Do?
Whether you are missing one tooth or an entire mouthful, dental implants could be the solution for you. Incredibly adaptable, dental implants can replace a single tooth, several teeth, or a complete arch:
- Single-tooth replacement: Traditionally, a dental bridge was the only option for replacing a single missing tooth. In order to place the bridge properly, it required the removal of natural tooth structure on the adjacent teeth. A dental implant does not require the reduction of the neighboring teeth, making it a more conservative long-term option.
- Multiple-teeth replacement: A row of missing teeth can be replaced with an implant-supported bridge. This prosthesis rests on dental implants rather than the natural teeth. Therefore, all healthy tooth structure is preserved.
- Full-arch replacement: Those who are missing all of their teeth have a few different options. At National Dental, we offer:
- Implant-supported dentures: This option allows patients to “snap on” a removable prosthesis to dental implants for stability.
- Four Ever Smile™: Using only four to six implants, Four Ever Smile offers a permanent full-arch replacement option.
- All-on-4®: Those who have lost bone density due to tooth loss can benefit from All-on-4 treatment. This method supports an entire arch of fixed teeth using only four dental implants.
What Does “Teeth in a Day” Mean?
When dental implants first gained popularity, most treatment cases required multiple surgeries and substantial recovery time before the teeth could be attached. Today’s modern technology allows us to place the implants and the final restoration on the very same day. Therefore, after just one visit in our office, you can regain your smile and your confidence.
Learn More about Dental Implants in East Meadow
If you are missing teeth, dental implants could be the optimal solution for you. To learn more, contact us online or call our office at (516) 962-2292.